MolES Faculty Partnership Grants
The Molecular Engineering & Sciences Institute announces biotech faculty partnership grants for 2014-2015. This is an opportunity to receive seed funding for new collaborations for up to $50K for research projects for a period of 1 year. Please direct any inquires regarding eligibility or application to MolES@uw.edu.
- All investigators are required to be core faculty at the University of Washington, with at least one faculty a member of the MolES Institute. The expectation is that this project will initiate new collaboration between two or more investigator with no prior funding together.
- For 2014-2015 the MolES Institute will fund projects in the area of biotechnology and molecular engineering and sciences.
How to Apply
- Please upload all application items as a single PDF by 5 pm on July 1, 2014 through the application form below.
- Application items to include:
- Project proposal (1 page limit), including statements of Research as well as Collaboration. Figures allowed. Please follow standard NIH guidelines for formatting.
- References – no page limit
- NIH Biosketch for each investigator (4 page limit; personal statement not necessary)
- Written proposals will be evaluated by a faculty committee, with equal weight given to both research and collaboration:
- Impact (basic or applied research, clinical translation, commercialization, etc.)
- Feasibility (preliminary data is not required, but the scope of work should be feasible given the investigators’ expertise)
- Need (lack of usable funds, motivation for cross-over interactions)
- Impact (plans for follow-on funding, new research areas for labs)
- In-person presentations may be asked of final candidates at a later point.